10 Items Every Woman Should Have in Their Wardrobe
Keeping and maintaining a wardrobe that is versatile for different occasions is quite a challenge. It can be incredibly tricky selecting garments and accessories which can be worn as casual, formal and office wear, and not only do all items need to be appropriate for these times and places but they need to wear well and be long lasting and affordable. Plan your outfits in advance, take a look at your wardrobe space and page through magazines ? you?ll quickly get an idea of what items of clothing you?re missing and can take note of what clothes you?re not wearing anymore.
The below items are staples of every women?s wardrobe. Take a look and see which ones you?re missing and consider how they could change the way you dress for work in the morning, get ready for a night out with your friends, hit the gym or plan your outfit for a day time date:
1. A black suit: every woman should have at least one black suit in their wardrobes with a matching skirt or trousers. Wear these suits to important meetings and professional events. You can also separate the suits and wear the jacket with smart jeans or the skirt with a pretty blouse and cardigan.
2. A white dress: while women?s office clothing usually steers away from white dresses as they can often be transparent, these frocks are perfect for a morning brunch event of afternoon tea with the girls.
3. A black dress: this is a timeless staple in every woman?s wardrobe and can be dressed up for a night of sophistication or played down with a light cardigan and fun accessories.
4. Blue jeans: a pair of great fitting jeans can be dressed up for a day at the office or worn for casual occasions with your friends or for a morning shopping. Look around for the perfect fit and buy two or three pairs that you can alternate.
5. Cotton t-shirts: you will need at least three t-shirts in your wardrobe which you can mix, match and layer with other garments. Get black and white ones and then add a bright colour which suits your skin tone and other items in your wardrobe.
6. A coat: a tailed trench-coat or classic coat will add sophistication to any item while being warm and practical during the winter months. Choose a neutral colour and a fabric that will wear well for at least two seasons.
7. Cardigans: perfect for dressing up or down any outfit, cardigans are versatile, timeless and warm. Buy both a neutral and bright colour and wear them in the workplace or in more casual environments.
8. Scarfs: brightly coloured scarfs are a great way of adding fun to a casual outfit. Make sure, however that you also have a darker or neutral coloured one to add to your work wardrobe too though as they?ll be sure to keep the chills away on a long winters day spent in the office.
9. A black handbag: this addition to your wardrobe will come in handy in multiple occasions and will add to your office wear and casual look. A black handbag will go with every outfit and can even team up as a brief case.
10. Black pumps: whether two inch or flat, bump will add an element of class and sophistication to an outfit. Casual enough to be worm on the weekends yet classic enough to be worn to work, pumps are an essential item in every girl?s wardrobe.
Make sure you add the above staples to your shopping list should they be missing from your current clothes collection. Not only will they come in handy when getting dressed for various occasions, but they will remain fashionable through several seasons and can be worn for several years over. If you?re struggling to find the perfect items, try contacting a woman?s office clothing supplier or go shopping with your credit card online.